Post-Decree Modifications

It’s not over until it’s over. 

Ideally once a divorce is finalized it remains just that – final. However, just with many things in life, an individual’s circumstances may change, calling for a swift motion so we can quickly amend your situation. 

If you’re looking to modify or change the rulings doled out in your previous divorce or legal separation, there is no need to tell you how stressful and taxing these proceedings can be. It’s important for you to know that when the rulings given are no longer feasible for you, or if the rulings given are no longer enough to support your family, there are options available and our firm is here to help. 

As you may know by now, your decree and final orders are a set of rulings that determine who gets what, and how much, after a divorce or legal separation. These rulings are based on the facts of your case at the time of decree. Colorado law contemplates the modification of orders in several areas in the wake of changed circumstances. With help from our firm, we can argue for an appropriate modification and win you a better post-decree. 

“Hinds and Hinds knows the law, partially because many of the Colorado divorce statutes were crafted by them.”